We believe that life change happens in the context of relationships.
Here at The Assembly, we believe that life change happens in the context of relationships. We believe that God created us to live in community with others and only then can we experience the full life He created for us.
Home groups exist to make life-changing relationships relevant and accessible to you. If you’re new to The Assembly or you’ve been hanging out a while, check out our home group directory and find your people.
Looking for childcare for your home group?
You are welcome to choose to offer childcare for your Home Group. There are a few ways to find childcare for your group, but here are two common ways:
- Family/friend of Home Group leader or member that is paid directly by Home Group members.
- Childcare workers from The Assembly.
Family/Friends Guidelines and Steps
- Talk to your Home Group about who you are considering for childcare; communication is key.
- For safety and security, we request that you follow the 1:5 ratio, For every 5 children, one adult is needed for childcare.
- Groups needing childcare should have a set length to facilitate payment for childcare expense and honor the time of your childcare workers. Please either meet for 2 hours or 3 hours.
- Follow the Pay Scale below to directly pay your childcare worker for the time they work.
Assembly Childcare Guidelines
- To comply with the child protection policy at The Assembly, we ask that all childcare workers have a background check on file with The Assembly. If you aren’t sure, ask your childcare worker or call the church office at (918) 251-8591.
- For safety and security, we request that you follow the 1:5 ratio. For every 5 children, one adult is needed for childcare.
- Groups needing childcare should have a set length to facilitate payment and reimbursement for childcare expense. Please either meet for 2 hours or 3 hours.
- If your group uses an Mpact student/teenager for childcare you MUST have an adult or staff member present with them at all times. They DO count toward your ration of childcare workers to children.
- Home Group leaders are required to submit hours worked after every home group meeting.
- Look over Childcare List. (View Childcare List PDF)
- Contact desired Childcare Workers to arrange for childcare.
a. Communicate date of Home Group meeting.
b. Communicate location of Home Group or childcare (if different location).
c. Communicate what time to arrive, length of meeting, and when to anticipate pickup.
d. Communicate anticipated number of children and any other childcare workers also working/still needed.
- Host/Lead Home Group
- Collect Parent Payment (View Childcare Costs for Groups PDF)
a. Turn in all collected payments to Dana Herring at the church office.
- Complete Childcare Hours Form (View Form)
a. Childcare workers receive payment from The Assembly and from parents; they receive a check in the mail from The Assembly that combines parent payment.
For more information, contact The Assembly at (918) 251-8591 or email@example.com.Childcare List Childcare Costs Childcare Hours Form